ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April Love (1957)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject: April Love (1957) Reply with quote

April Love is a 20th Century Fox movie that was released on November 27, 1957. Just a tad short of the month of April.

The movie tells the story of Nick Conover (Pat Boone) who hails from Chicago. Nick and some friends had "swiped a car" to go for a joyride and intended to return it. The police caught Nick and his friends, and as part of Nick's probation his mom sends him to her sister & brother-in-law who run a horse farm in Kentucky.

Nick barely knows his aunt or uncle-in-law and feels that Kentucky is full of hicks he's not all that interested in getting to know. He's a city boy who longs to be in the city and not sentenced to this Devil's Island.

While Nick's aunt Henrietta (Jeanette Nolan) is kind and welcoming to him, her husband Jed Bruce ( Arthur O'Connell) is not. Their son and only child was killed while serving during the Korean War.

Jed has become bitter and depressed and has retreated from life and the running of his once successful horse farm that his son was so much a part of at one time.

Nick meets the attractive Liz Templeton (Shirley Jones) who lives nearby with her father and sister on a very successful horse farm.

Eventually events unfold that see Jed regain his zest for life and the rebuilding of his farm, when he begins to train Nick how to sulky race. Tugfire is the only horse that Jed has on his horse farm, and it was his late son's favorite horse.

For some reason Tugfire, who doesn't like to be handled by anyone since young Jed's death, has taken a liking to Nick.

Jed and Nick reach a mutual respect. Nick begins to embrace this different lifestyle, and Liz and Nick fall in love.

This is an entertaining and wholesome story with a wonderful cast. Some nice singing sprinkled here and there and an exciting sulky race in the finale makes this an engaging movie.

Last edited by Pow on Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a 4:3 version with a fairly good picture of this likeable CinemaScope movie.

__________________ April Love Movie Trailer

____ April Love : Starring Shirley Jones Pat Boone

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

POW wrote:
Nick meets the attractive Liz Templeton (Shirley Jones) who lives nearby with her father and sister on a very successful horse farm.

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I used to be such a randy teenager that when I saw this movie on TV I was very aroused by the scene in which Shirley Jones delivers a song while changing her clothes as she stands behind a partial closet door that only covered her torso, not her shoulders, head, and legs.

Still singing, she strolls our from behind the door (seen on the right below) wearing nothing but a blouse that barely comes below her hips! Cool

Then she strolls back over to the closet door, strips off the shirt, and finishes the song stark naked . . . Shocked

That's all it took to rob me of my sanity back in those days. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfectly understandable, Bud. Shirley is a beautiful & sexy gal.

And don't kid yourself, the producer's of this very wholesome movie knew exactly what they doing to America's red-blooded males by the way they filmed this scene.

The devils!
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remembered the scene and wrote the post, then I found the movie on YouTube and made the screen grabs.

Hot damn, it's even sexier than I remembered! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: