ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goldfinger (1964)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
filmdetective
Interstellar Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject: Thanks For Reply with quote

Thanks for the post, Eadie. I'm glad someone remembers the Mighty Carson Art Players and is getting what remains of that series skit onto the Net for us to view today.

That clip doesn't really look like a James Bond spoof to me, although I do appreciate your effort to find the skit I remember hearing about on the Tonight Show.

That pistol the guy is holding looks like a Luger instead of a Walther PPK, or whatever make and model of semi automatic pistol Bond was using in the films at that time.
Krel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a toy Luger, although Bond did use a Walther P38 in the shootout at the Goldfinger factory.

David.
filmdetective
Interstellar Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject: Good Guess Reply with quote

Well, Luger was a good guess on my part. Thanks for the post, Krel.
filmdetective
Interstellar Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject: We Have A Saying In Chicago Reply with quote

Once Is Happenstance,

Twice Is Co-Incedence,

and the Third time, it is

Enemy Action

I don't recall those Words of Wisdom from Ian Fleming's novel, Goldfinger, being used in the film.

Or, were they spoken in the film, when the battery in my hearing aid had just gone dead?

"Mr. Auric Goldfinger is a very powerful Man.

If we wanted to crush you, he would only have to turn over in his sleep to do so."

Can't recall those additional words of wisdom being used in he film, either.

Anybody else notice the presence, or absence of those two sayings in the film, Goldfinger?

If either, or neither of those witty sayings were included in the film, the film is much the poorer because of their lack, at least to me.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're reasonably knowledgeable about Goldfinger, you already know most of what's in the this video. But it's still entertaining. Very Happy

_ 12 Things You Missed in James Bond Goldfinger

And I had to replace a "making of . . ." YouTube video on page one of this thread with this different one, but that meant it would probably get overlooked, so I've post it again her.

____________Goldfinger Making-Of Featurette

_________

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: