ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
Nothin' but pure science fiction!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All Monsters, Aliens, and Robots love Earth Women!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:23 am    Post subject: All Monsters, Aliens, and Robots love Earth Women! Reply with quote

In the 1950s it became a standard practice to lure eager young monserkids into theaters by using posters that featured monsters, aliens, robots . . . and women!

The Day the Earth Stood Still kicked things off in grand fashion by depicting a giant-size Gort with a firm grip on a gorgeous blond in a pink nightgown. (Somehow Gort managed to find a king-size gal!)

Not to be outdone, the Creature from the Black Lagoon rounded up his own hot honey in a pink negligee — and two more gals in bath suits!

The trend caught on with other aquatic creatures. The Monster from the Ocean Floor came up for air long enough to molest a buxom bathing beauty, and he convinced her that eight arms were better than two! Twisted Evil

Not to be outdone by Gort, Tobor kidnapped a pretty prom queen and took her on a picnic. But ants showed up and stole all the food . . . along with the prom queen!

The Metaluna Mutant found himself a dance partner with a matching outfit and waltzed her around, right in front of her boyfriend!

Toothy monsters with bulging eyes tend to prefer ladies in diaphanous nightgowns.

Robby the Robot and The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues adopted a hands-on approach to the ladies in their lives. Very Happy

Since all amorous insects and colossal caterpillars lack hands, they're forced to make do with other appendages.

_

But the clear winners in this romantic competition are the fellas in Invasion of Saucer He-Men, who firmly believe that leggy ladies can love a man for his brains! Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain Starlight
Solar Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another example of aliens who dig Earth chicks.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good call! I found another one I missed.

This version is even better.

And how could I have overlooked THIS cinematic gem?

This beautiful poster gives new meaning to the phrase, "Give the little lady a BIG hand!"

You have to look closely at this next one to notice that the poor gal in the pink dress is literally being held up by the spider's fangs! Shocked

The unenviable lass shown below in the pale blue dress is caught between a rock and a hard place! The cop is firing a rifle just inches above her, and the spider has its leg hooked over her waist! Shocked

And here's a unique poster — it depicts what the monster in the movie actually does to its victims . . . before it EATS them! Twisted Evil

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post Bud!

That last one looks like it was originaly made for ATTACK OF THE KILLER CRABGRASS!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I thnk this Girlie Gold Mine has played out, I find a new vein! Here’s yet another treasure trove of babe-aliscious posters!

I was wrong when I said that The Day the Earth Stood Still kicked off the idea that a gorgeous girl in the clutches of a monster was a great way to make posters exciting.

I forgot about THIS great work of art.

This colorful kaleidoscope grabbed the kids standing in front of the theaters with a monsterkid bonanza of sci-fi elements . . . and a helpless space babe in the arms of ruthless alien!

The tagline for this one could have been, "Just when you thought it was safe to back in the water . . . it damn well ain't!"

This poster almost goes too far! The monster has a choke-hold on the lovely damsel in distress . . . and dis' dress is ripped to the hip, showing part of her naked fanny. Add to that the fact that the monster's big red month is open and headed for the lady's face! Shocked

This one gives the impression that the monster is gazing through a window at the lady on a bed in her negligee!

I wondered if I should make a joke about how this Mole Man is thinking about burrowing into the lady. (But I really shouldn't, right?) 🙂

This young lady’s boyfriend is a real PEST! (That joke is dedicated to the memory of the late, great Forrest J Ackerman.) Very Happy

If mom and dad knew what the poster for this one looked like. little Johnny would NOT gone to the Saturday matinee!

Here's two versions of the poster for a movie that isn't highly regarded.

I'm not sure if the artist deliberately made this lady look like a "pole dancer", but she's certainly striking a lovely pose . . . just before she gets eaten!

This terrific poster made me eager to see the movie . . . but it didn't quite live up to my expectations. However, that gal's legs in white high heels is a nice consolation prize.

Here's another example of a fantastic poster for a rotten movie. The second image below is the original artwork. Amazing!

This next one is certainly not the best poster in the gallery. However, the monster is hideous, and the lady's nice round derriere is back-lit by the artist to make more noticeably.

This last poster closes out this post with a terrific example of why All Monsters, Aliens, and Robots love Earth Women!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: