ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woman's World (1954)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Woman's World (1954) Reply with quote

This is one of the films I first saw on Saturday Night at the Movies in the early 1960s during my family's regular Saturday evening gatherings around the boob tube.

Each week NBC treated us to some of those great 20th Century Fox movies from the 1950s that featured gorgeous color and CinemaScope. Very Happy

Unfortunately, 90% of America was watching these great movies on their old black & white televisions, so these movies in Technicolor and CinemaScope could hardly have been appreciated properly.

As for this one in particular, Woman's World features a magnificent cast, with Clifton Webb as the president of Gifford Motors -- a car company clearly modeled after the Ford Motor Company, with their complete cooperation.

An early scene in the movie shows the company's president, Clifton Webb, entering the New York corporate headquarters of Gifford Motors and walking past these two Ford "concept cars" in the lobby.

Fans of 1950s "dream cars" should also watch for a scene in which Clifton Webb conducts a tour through the R&D department, and we see scale models of "future cars" on display!

Anybody else have fond memories of this movie -- or anything else from NBC's Saturday Night at the Movies?

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't find a trailer for this one, but I did find this nice ciip that shows why Arlene Dahl's scenes will have you gnawing your knuckles and sweating from time to time.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a fine video of the full movie! It's in CinemaScope and Technicolor, making it easy to enjoy this spectacular movie with an all-star cast.

Go to the 35:45 mark to watch the wonderful scene which features the research-and-development department in the Gifford Motor Company, with it's 5/8 scale models of concept cars for the future! Cool

___________________Woman's World (1954)

I keep having to update this YouTube link because those guys keep removing it! So, get it now while you can!

However, if YouTube removes this movie again, I've downloaded it and put it my WeTransfer account so you guys can have it on your computers and watching if whenever you want! Very Happy

Here's the download link. Very Happy

https://we.tl/t-wOrY7mQ1n5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: