ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Fast and the Furious ~ sci-fi action franshise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:44 pm    Post subject: The Fast and the Furious ~ sci-fi action franshise Reply with quote

During the 2023 Christmas season, the good old FX channel deluged its viewers with features from great science fiction franchises like the Star Wars and the Marvel movies.

I DVRed the hell out that December schedule . . . and I still haven't watched them all! Shocked

In fact, I also grabbed a few movies I wasn't very familiar with — like some of the films which were inspired by The Fast and the Furious (2001).

I had no idea that these movies weren't just non-stop street racing! I was delighted to learn that they have much more in common with the exciting Mission Impossible features, most of which I own on DVD or BD. Cool

The Fast and the Furious franchise now includes eleven big-budget, highly entertaining movies, with plots that pit evil villains against dashing good guys who work in teams who possess hi-tech tools which have dazzled audiences around the world! Cool

Guys, I think All Sci-Fi needs a thread for this franchise. Shocked

I seriously doubt, however, that we need separate threads for each of the eleven movies, because the Wikipedia article states that the chronology of the plots deliberately hops around. Some stories take place prior to previous movies — which means a viewer needs to be a die-hard fan to keep them all straight in his head! Shocked

Fortunately, this is the kind of franchise which focuses on action and high adventure — so I suspect its core audience is not exactly the sort of "thinking man" that All Sci-Fi prides itself on having as its members. Very Happy

Anyway, just to get things started, here's a list of the currently released features, along with the years they came out. I hope a few folks will find something interesting to say about the franchise in general, or a specific movie from the list.

And as a special incentive, any member of All Sci-Fi who makes an interesting post will receive a big wet kiss on the lips from our official T-Shirt Model!

Miss ASF will show up on your doorstep and lay that delicious smackeroo on you when you least expect it! Shocked

So, gentlemen . . . get those figures busy on your keyboards and crank out something noteworthy! The Girl of Your Boyhood Fantasies is waiting right outside to make your dreams come true! Evil or Very Mad

The Fast and the Furious (2001)

2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)

Fast & Furious( (2009)

Fast Five (2011)

Fast & Furious 6 (2013)

Furious 7 (2015)

The Fate of the Furious (2017)

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

F9 (2021)

Fast X (2023)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: