ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coast To Coast AM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
filmdetective
Interstellar Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject: Coast To Coast AM Reply with quote

I did not bother to do a board search on this esoteric radio program, but I'd think some of the members of the board are familiar with it.

Is there any science fact in Coast To Coast AM?

Any Science Fiction?

Regardless of what other board members think of the program, I think it could be a distant cousin from down the line of SFiction.

I have not listened to it, for probably a few years, because my radio broke down, and I am just not dedicated enough to the show to buy a new radio.

I'm not for it, or against it, or as Spiritual Beatnick Brother Dave Gardner might say, for it and again'it.

Coast to Coast AM does seem, from my listening to it, open to just about any viewpoint or idea anyone might have about anything.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is still on the air with George Noory with both new and vintage Art Bell episodes.

It IS open to discussions to all subjects esoteric and exotic.

It does have a web site so check it out.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/

filmdetective
Interstellar Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject: Since that last post Reply with quote

Since that last post, I did buy an inexpensive radio and start back listening to Coast to Coast AM. I can't say that I like everything about the show, or that I find all of the topics of interest. And, it is extremely annoying the way the commercial interruptions go on for so long, just like with Comet TV. I often just turn the radio off when the commercial breaks start, and back on when they are hopefully over. Despite this aspect and other negative aspects of the show, there is something that attracts me to it, and possibly even a nostalgia, since it is a part of my life that I have from long ago, when I first discovered the radio program. And, I stopped listening to it for a number of years but in the past three years have started back listening to it, maybe somewhat bringing back the Good Old Days. I think it could well be called the Conspiracy Radio Show, since a lot of the guests are conspiracy theorists. I would say to any member of The Cult of the Conspiracy (as James Phelan called it in his intro to his book, 'Howard Hughes, the Hidden Years,'), "If you want a Conspiracy, you'll find it on Coast To Coast AM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: