ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's the best action/adventure hero?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Whose the best action/adventure hero?
Tom Cruise (Mission: Impossible, Minority Report)
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Bruce Willis (Die Hard, Surrogates)
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Sylvester Stallone (Rambo, Demolition Man)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Arnold Schwarzenegger (Terminator, others)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:31 pm    Post subject: Who's the best action/adventure hero? Reply with quote

I've spent the last week watching many of my action movies, and today I wondered just which Hollywood hero should be considered the King of Action Adventure.

The obvious candidates are SO good at what they do, it's really difficult to pick just one actor who should sit on the thrown and receive our adoration. Cool

So, please ponder the list above, place your vote for a personal favorite, and then post a reply which explains why you feel that this is almost an impossible task, Add the names other action heroes you think should be on the list!

Come on, guys — this is a "message board", not that f**king Facebook! Rolling Eyes

All Sci-Fi is designed for discussions . . . so please express your opinions, debate with the folks who disagree, and continue to give me a good reason to keep paying Dreamhost,com $1,750 a year to have this website on a "dedicated server" to keep our 14-year-old board alive and reliable while other message boards are disappearing from the internet at an alarming rate! Shocked

You can be an All Sci-Fi "hero" and contribute your unique thoughts and feelings to this on-line community of fellow science fiction enthusiast.

Think of it this way. All Sci-Fi is a place where you can be with friends . . . and not have to wear a mask! Very Happy

Bud _

Krel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see two basic types here. The super soldier and the average Joe.

Bruce Willis is in the average Joe category, the common man caught in an extraordinary situation, who takes some (or a lot) of lumps, but manages to be victorious, despite being beat to hell.

The other three are in the super soldier category. Always on top despite the odds. Able to take great physical damage with out getting physically impaired. Always unflappable no matter how great the odds, or how bizarre the situation.

Tom Cruse fits in this category, but without the physically imposing physique. Laughing

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: