ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ARTC - Fallen Angel - Episode 1 "Queen of Hearts"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Fiction in Other Audio/Visual Media
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ticket2theMoon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:53 pm    Post subject: ARTC - Fallen Angel - Episode 1 "Queen of Hearts" Reply with quote

This is the first episode of a noir series I'm developing. Extra cool because it's based on a short story by our own (*drumroll please!*)...Bud Brewster! (my dad!) Enjoy!

www.artc.org

Fallen Angel - Episode 1 "Queen of Hearts" - ARTC 2020

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait just a cotten-picken minute! Confused

Is Miss Moon claiming that her remarkable new creation was inspired by my own highly entertaining short story —

Who Done It? ~ by Bruce Cook

— which can be enjoyed right here on All Sci-Fi? Confused

And furthermore, is she telling us that I'm actually the proud father of this brilliant young woman, as well as being the grandfather of her two beautiful children? Shocked

_________

"How do you plead to these charges, Mr. Brewster?"

Your Honor, I have no choice but to throw myself on the mercy of the court and plead . . . guilty as charged!

___________________ ]

The wonderful presentation of my short story — expertly adapted for her radio version and brilliantly presented by those fine professional performers — fills me with pride!

When I wrote the short story back in the 1990s for a college class while working to earn a degree in education, I never dreamed it would someday be presented as an audio "film noir" version — much less as a magnificent production by my own daughter and presented to the public! Cool

I just hope the members of All Sci-Fi will take the time to post a few replies here and offer their appreciation to my daughter for creating this amazing production . . . and honoring her father in this unique manner!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ticket2theMoon
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I admit it, it's true!

So true that when I decided to adapt "Who Done It?" (which can be read right here on All Sci-Fi), I used the post here on All Sci-Fi to do it! How convenient!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You done good, Pum'kin! Very Happy

I love your version and the way your talented cast presented the story!

And please inform them that I'm working on the sequel — in which Veronica Sloan helps Jack O'Hart avoid being convicted of blackmailing the late Eddie Fortune so that he and Veronica can team up and discover where Fortune's embezzled millions are hidden!

To borrow a phrase from a beloved classic, This looks like the beginning of a beautiful friendship . . .
Wink

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised, I'm working on the sequel to Who Done it?, and you can sample this work-in-progress at the link below.

Who's ya daddy, sweetheart! Cool

O'Hart & Sloan - Investigations Unlimited

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story in the classic noir mode! VERY well done adaptation too!
Good Job by you all!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Gord! My amazing offspring will be pleased by your compliments. Very Happy

In the spirit of full disclosure, my daughter is working on stories which focus on the Veronica Sloan character, because she's totally convinced that Jack O'Hart should be jailed for murder and his attempt to blackmail the man he shot — crime boss Eddie Fortune.

However, I prefer the idea that Jack is acquitted for Mr. Fortune's death based of a plea of self defense, and the blackmail charge is dismissed based on the fact that Eddie Fortune offered him "hush money" to hide the fact that Fortune's own organization would have killed their embezzling boss if Jack had revealed Eddie's betrayal!

In my version, Jack and Veronica team up after the trial for the same reason the characters in Remington Steel did — the social mores of the 1940s would make it difficult for a female private detective to acquire clients in that male dominated society.

But we can enjoy the two "parallel universe" versions of the premise, with Veronica Sloan doing well on her own in my daughter's version, and the detective agency known as O'Hart & Sloan succeeding in mine. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Fiction in Other Audio/Visual Media All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: