ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Meatballs (1979)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Meatballs (1979) Reply with quote

"Meatballs" was first released by Paramount Pictures on June 29, 1979.

Synopsis: Zanny Tripper Harrison (Bill Murray) is the head counselor of the new C.I.T.s (counselors-in-training) at the summer camp North Star.

As both a former camper & counselor, this movie is a heck of a lot of fun and brings back many memories for me.

Murray shines as the wild & crazy head counselor in his debut film.

The movie is a series of vignettes covering one funny summer at a camp. Zingers, sight gags, prat falls, romances, practical jokes, sport competitions all move the film right along briskly and captures the camp experience..

And on the serious side we see how one teen camper who feels ignored & lost is befriended by "Trip" who makes the teenage boy's summer one to remember.

The movie was shot at Camp White Pine on Hurricane Lake at Huliburton, Ontario, Canada.

After not having seen this in a few years, I just watched it today on AMC. Way to go AMC! It cheered up my day on a dreary overcast winter day.

And what better time to air a summer camp movie then in the dead of winter. Sure works for me.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen this movie, and I found two trailers for it which each made very different impressions. Confused

The first one made the movie look absolutely idiotic, and I was surprised that an intelligent guy like Pow liked it! Shocked

Then I watched the one below and realized it was a very clever movie, packed with classic Bill Murray moments, and quite worthy of Mr. Ivan Reitman, producer of Ghostbusters I and II, along with Evolution (2001), a personal favorite of mine! Very Happy

___________________ Meatballs Trailer 1979

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: