ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xena: Warrior Princess (1995 – 2001)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:37 pm    Post subject: Xena: Warrior Princess (1995 – 2001) Reply with quote

This immensely popular and highly successful syndicated series was more fun than a barrel full of Mesopotamian monkeys! Very Happy

The show runners presented us with a program that boldly switched back and forth between gut-wrenching drama and wild, slap-stick comedy from week to week — with many episodes which blended the two extremes seamlessly.

The result was a series which resembled a four course dinner. They were comprised of tasty appetizers, a main course with hearty side dishes, and delicious desserts! Cool

The two stars — Lucy Lawless and Renée O'Connor — portrayed a heroic team who were dedicated to battling evil during these ancient times, despite the risks to themselves.

Xena: Warrior Princess became one of the top-rated syndicated series of all time, and it ran for six seasons. It actually concluded with a shocking final episode which remains both controversial and moving in terms of the way it dealt with it's main character's final fate! Shocked

Netflix currently only offers season 1 and parts of season 2. Sad

However, Amazon offers the box set of the complete series for only $44.99. That's all 134 episodes — which is amounts to only 34¢ per episode! Very Happy

I just ordered this Treasure Trove of Fantasy Adventures, and it will arrive on Monday, June 7th. I'm looking forward to spending a week in the Olympian version of Binge Watching Heaven!

Just to provide a teaser as to how imaginative this series is, here's a clip which offers an example of how wild these stories could get.

I'm certainly looking forward to watching THIS episode!

_ Xena And Gabrielle Wake Up From Their 25 Year Sleep!

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I watched a very amusing episode of Xena called Warrior . . . Priestess . . . Tramp which features the third "Xena lookalike" character in the series, expertly played by the talented Lucy Lawless.

The interesting thing about this character is that she was written so that Miss Lawless could speak all the character's dialog with her native New Zealand accent! Very Happy

Normally Lucy alters her speech as Xena to give no hint whatsoever that she has a distinctive accent.

But this new character cuts loss with dialog rich with Lucy's Auckland upbringing — and the result stuns Xena fans like me who never knew that Lucy Lawless' normal voice was very different from that of the Warrior Princess!

Watch the video at the link below to see Lucy demonstrate a thick Aussie accent, which scotpens informed me is somewhat similar to the way folks in New Zealand talk! Very Happy

Lucy Lawless on Australian accents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: