ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 2-3-24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:29 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 2-3-24 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at Brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Here's a few interesting comments from All Sci-Fi member Phantom.

Gog (1954)

I saw this one in February 1955 (I have a copy of the newspaper ad). It was on a double with a Judy Canova movie Untamed Heiress, of which I don't remember a frame (probably lucky, at that).

Except for the clunky multi-appendage robots and Michael Fox's chilly death (which raised my hair), I had forgotten the rest of the movie.

Snapped up the dvd as soon as it became available. It has its faults, but it isn't exceptionally bad like Killers From Space. It's okay for occasional viewing when nothing else is available.

Apart from the robots swinging their arms around like drunken boxers, the best scene in the film was the laser attack. As for those tuning forks (or whatever they were) I could never understand why someone in the room didn't throw something over them to deaden the sound.

Haven't seen Magnetic Monster lately. Liked it when I did.

I guess my favorite of those mentioned in this thread is Riders To The Stars, the 1950's version of The Right Stuff. For a kid in those days, wading through the "mush" was par for the course until we got to the good stuff in space. Never forgot Richard Carlson coming unglued when he saw that corpse float past his window.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: