ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964) Reply with quote

Give the basic story concept of this one a few points for sheer nerve, but then deduct the same amount for sloppy treatment.

Martians and their robot kidnap Santa Claus and two Earth kids, taking them to the Red Planet where Santa is forced to run the Martian's automated toy-making system.

Santa doesn't really mind bringing a little Christmas cheer to the Martian tots, but he's worried about disappointing the kids of Earth if he doesn't get back in time to do the same thing for them.

Don't worry, he organizes a rebellion, plots an escape, and returns home to the joyful cheers of his elves.

Badly done on all counts, including special effects, sets, props, etc. The film's only point of interest is the fact that one of the Martian children is Pia Zodora. Directed by Nicholas Webster.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, admitted it. You came to this thread because you knew I'd have the trailer all wrapped up like a Christmas gift, just for you! Very Happy

Have you been a good little boy? Hmmm?

Well, then here's your present! And Merry Crappy Movie Day!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've resist the slight urge to watch this much-maligned movie for decades, but after viewing the first few minutes of the YouTube version below I decided to give it a try sometime soon.

I was amused by an early scene in which a TV reporter at the North Pole interviews Santa Claus in his workshop, and the old gentlemen gets a bit confused when he tries to rattle off the names of his reindeer — "Dasher and Prancer and Thunder and Vixen and Nixon!" Laughing

Right there I was hooked.

Apparently this movie includes enough subtle humor to be considered a "cult classic" and not just a poor attempt at science fiction.

______ Santa Claus Conquers The Martians (1964)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: