ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Clones (1973)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: The Clones (1973) Reply with quote

Michael Greene and Gregory Sierra ("Barney Miller") star in this tale of a scientist who learns of a secret government cloning project that replicates several top scientists and uses them in a plot to control the weather.

A good concept that receives a mediocre treatment.

Directed by Paul Hunt and Lamar Card from a screenplay by Steve Fisher. Also starring John Barrymore, Jr., Bruce Bennett, and Angelo Rossitto.

* Click to watch the trailer. Don't expect too much . . .

~ The Space Children (1958)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Sep 05, 2022 4:48 pm; edited 6 times in total
alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: The Clones (1973) Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
...A good concept that receives a mediocre treatment....

Calling it mediocre is being very kind.

Although I have only seen it one time in a theatre in 1973 or 74, and again tonight on Youtube, I have never forgotten one memorable scene from this movie- Two bad guys were standing ankle-deep in water, surrounded by frogs and snakes, when one of them said "Which way is the swamp?". This scene is in the Youtube video, but "Which way is the swamp" has been edited out. It should have been at about 40:10 into the movie. I think the complete line was "We should get back to the car. Which way is the swamp?"
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: The Clones (1973) Reply with quote

alltare wrote:
Two bad guys were standing ankle-deep in water, surrounded by frogs and snakes, when one of them said "Which way is the swamp?

The movie is still on Youtube, but I checked for that brilliant line — "Which was is the swamp?" — and it's not there, just as you said. Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:28 pm; edited 3 times in total
alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Clones (1973) Reply with quote

Since my last post 2 years ago, I have been looking for another site besides Youtube that has this movie, but there's nothing else out there. I would sure like to find that unedited scene.

alltare wrote:
Bud Brewster wrote:
...A good concept that receives a mediocre treatment....

Calling it mediocre is being very kind.

Although I have only seen it one time in a theatre in 1973 or 74, and again tonight on Youtube, I have never forgotten one memorable scene from this movie- Two bad guys were standing ankle-deep in water, surrounded by frogs and snakes, when one of them said "Which way is the swamp?". This scene is in the Youtube video, but "Which way is the swamp" has been edited out. It should have been at about 40:10 into the movie. I think the complete line was "We should get back to the car. Which way is the swamp?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: