ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Limitless (2011)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Limitless (2011) Reply with quote

The story takes place in a contemporary setting. Bradley Cooper plays the main character, who obtains an experimental pill that allows the user to access 100% of his brain's capacity. He can now instantly access memory of anything he's ever seen, heard, or read. With it he becomes a financial wizard, plus a few other side benefits... and problems.

It's the old excess brain capacity cliche, but handled stylishly. (Hey, we used to enjoy much cheaper sci-fi movies that endowed atomic radiation with the ability to make anything giant size.)

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most remarkable films I've ever seen. Stylistically it's a work of art from start to finish, and the concept is like something a person with a Krell-expanded intellect would come up with.

The way the film presents it's mind-boggling ideas is itself mind boggling. The film is based on The Dark Fields by Alan Glynn, but if you read the synopsis of the book on it's Wikipedia article, you'll be glad that screenwriter Leslie Dixon and director Neil Burger elected to tell a more upbeat story.

The DVD is a slightly longer version than the theatrical release, but all I noticed that was added were some reasonably attractive boobs on a hot blond in a brief scene. Big deal.

However, it does feature an alternate ending in the special features, and thank goodness it wasn't the one they used.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:47 pm; edited 6 times in total
scotpens
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
The DVD is a slightly longer version than the theatrical release, but all I noticed that was added were some reasonably attractive boobs on a hot blond in a brief scene.

Those boobs wouldn't happen to belong to Abbie Cornish, would they? I only ask because I'm a sucker for hot Australian blondes. The country seems to crank them out by the truckload.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotpens wrote:
Those boobs wouldn't happen to belong to Abbie Cornish, would they? I only ask because I'm a sucker for hot Australian blondes. The country seems to crank them out by the truckload.

To whom should I send my shipping address? I don't need a truckload, just two or three would be fine. Very Happy

Oh heck, I don't want be greedy. One is fine . . .

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotpens wrote:

To whom should I send my shipping address? I don't need a truckload, just two or three would be fine. Very Happy

Oh heck, I don't want be greedy. One is fine . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: