ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat People (1982)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Cat People (1982) Reply with quote

This movie is a little bit sick and a little bit sexy. First the sick part.

The movie opens with a strange scene of men from an ancient, primitive tribe as they drag a young girl to a tree in middle of barren terrain. They tie her to the tree and leave. A black panther comes to the tree that night, looks the girl over real good, and proceeds to . . . well, let's just say a gentleman would have bought her drinks and dinner first.

Dissolve to modern times, and we meet the lovely Nastassja Kinski and her brother, that rascal Malcom McDowell, who didn't bother with drinks and dinner when he and his gang got rowdy in "A Clockwork Orange".

These two unusual siblings have a serious problem with relationships, because romantic activities tend to bring out the animal in them — quite literally.

Hence the title of this movie.

Malcolm explains the family curse to his puzzled sister, along with the sad fate of any man unlucky enough to get "lucky" with her. His explanation can be simplified with this equation.

Start out as a horny human = have sex with an unsuspecting mate = transform into a panther = kill the mate = turn back into a horny human

This unfortunate stumbling block on the road to true love can only be avoided if they . . . well, keep it in family. If they restrict their sexual activity to each other, the equation reads like this.

Have sex = stay human = have more sex

That's why their parents were actually brother and sister — which I guess would also make them Nastassja's and Malcom's aunt and uncle (because your mommy's brother is your uncle, and so forth). But I'm not certain about that and frankly I'm not real comfortable even thinking about it . . . Shocked

Anyway, that's both the sick and the sexy aspects of this movie, so don't say you weren't warned. But I must confess I've always liked the opening theme music during that amorous panther scene at the beginning.

The only way you can hear it is to watch the original movie. I've tried desperately to find YouTube clips of it, but to no avail. Sad

But I did manage to download it from Vidzi.TV, and it was exactly as I remembered it.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:01 pm; edited 4 times in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally found a Youtube video of the opening credits and the David Bowe music. Enjoy! Very Happy

_____________ Cat People - opening tree scene

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: